Published on November 19th, 2014 | by Daniel Castro
How Big Data is Driving the Next Wave of E-Government Innovation
Federal, state, and local governments are increasingly leveraging big data to improve the services and applications they offer to citizens and businesses. These changes are happening both in the back office, where new record management systems are capturing massive amounts of structured and unstructured data that help agencies manage their operations, and the front office, where citizen-services portals are creating personalized interfaces to government and e-filing systems are improving the quality of government data. Ultimately, big data has the potential to make government agencies faster, smarter, and more efficient, but only if government leaders invest in these technologies.
Join the Center for Data Innovation for a conversation about how government agencies have begun to put data to work and how these new technologies will impact government service delivery in the coming years.
Date and Time:
- Wednesday, November 19, 2014 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
- 1101 K Street NW, Suite 610A, Washington, DC 20005
- Daniel Castro, Director, Center for Data Innovation
- Ariel Gold, Program Manager, Global Public Sector, Amazon
- Taha Kass-Hout, Chief Health Informatics Officer, FDA
- Eric Knutson, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Sitecore
- Peter Schmidt, Senior Director, Oracle
- Dean Silverman, Senior Advisor to the Commissioner, Office of Compliance Analytics, IRS
- Follow #datainnovation on Twitter for updates.