Jobs and Internships
Policy Fellow, Center for Data Innovation (Paid, Temporary)
The Center for Data Innovation, a non-profit think tank affiliated with the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, is seeking a policy fellow for summer 2018. This policy fellowship is part of the 2018 Google Public Policy Fellow Program. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the intersection of public policy, technology, and data, as well as exceptional writing abilities. Current graduate students with interest in policy issues related to the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, or open data efforts are especially encouraged to apply. This is a temporary position based in Washington, DC. Fellows will receive a stipend of USD 7,500.
- Write original policy reports, articles, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g. writing literature reviews, fact checking, etc.).
- Monitor news articles on specific subject areas.
- Track legislation and regulations.
- Attend and summarize hearings and events.
- Assist with organizing and running events and conferences.
- Help maintain the Center for Data Innovation website and related materials.
- A graduate student in public policy, economics, political science, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
To apply for this position, please complete the application available on the 2018 Google Public Policy Fellowship website. Applications are due no later than 12:00 a.m. midnight ET, Tuesday, March 20.