The European Commission is preparing a coordinated approach to developing and adopting artificial intelligence (AI). The Commission outlined initial policy options in its AI white paper, and after receiving public feedback will release a highly anticipated legislative proposal on AI in the first quarter of 2021. What feedback have stakeholders given, and which ideas do they believe the Commission will include in future legislation?
Join the Center for Data Innovation to take stock of the perspectives of policymakers, experts, and industry representatives, and to assess the extent to which the EU AI white paper includes the right tools to strengthen EU competitiveness and innovation in the algorithmic economy.
Date and Time:
- Wednesday July 15, 2020, from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (CEST)
- Eline Chivot, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (Moderator)
- Janne Elvelid, Policy Manager EU Affairs, Facebook
- Kees van der Klauw, Coalition Manager, Netherlands AI Coalition
- Irina Orssich, Team leader AI in the Unit Technologies and Systems for Digitizing Industry, DG Connect, European Commission
- Renaud Vedel, Prefect, Coordinator of France’s national strategy for Artificial Intelligence, French Ministry of the Economy and Finance
Follow @DataInnovation and join the discussion on Twitter with the hashtag #datainnovation.