Targeted online advertising is an essential service for European businesses, society, and media. Europe is looking to define its policy strategy for the Digital Decade, and online advertising forms a core component of the Internet economy. However, many overlook and underestimate the valuable contribution of personalized online ads to Europe’s economy and its digital strategy, and some policymakers have even called for an outright ban.
The Center for Data Innovation hosted a panel discussion exploring how European businesses use digital advertising to generate growth, the structure of Europe’s market for online ads, and the contributions of targeted ads to the EU’s digital transformation.
Date and Time:
- November 2, 2021, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (EDT) / 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (CET)
- Enrico Girotto, Policy Officer, Federation of European Data & Marketing
- Agata Boutanos, EU Representative, Union of Entrepreneurs & Employers; Advisor to the Board, European Enterprise Alliance
- David Osimo, Head of Research The Lisbon Council
- Greg Mroczkowski, Director of Public Policy, IAB Europe
- Konrad Shek, Director of Policy Research, Advertising Association
- Benjamin Mueller, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)