The Artificial Intelligence Act (AIA) is currently under discussion by the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers. The AIA aspires to be the world’s first comprehensive legislative framework to regulate AI and AI-powered systems. In the current stage of debate, MEPs and Member States draft and propose various amendments to the law. This makes it a particularly interesting time to discuss different perspectives on how the Act can strike the right balance between regulation and innovation.
The Center for Data Innovation invites you to join our panel discussion where leading experts on the AIA offer and debate their visions for how to make the EU the world’s most attractive region for AI development, innovation, and deployment.
Date and Time:
- May 25, 2022 from 4:00 PM to 5:00PM CET
- Sylwia Giepmans-Stepien, Google Public Policy
- Emilia Tantar, Chief Data and AI Officer at Black Swan LUX
- Michaël Reffay, Deputy Advisor for Digital and Telco, French PermRep
- Yordanka Ivanova, Legal and Policy Officer for AI Policy, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Julia Fenart, Director of European Public Affairs and Communications, FranceDigitale
- Ben Mueller, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation (moderator)
Have questions for the author? Submit them on Slido.